We all know how important it is to get plenty of exercise, both for health and for weight loss. Unfortunately, many of us don’t get as much exercise as we know we should. Maybe you are just too busy to work a regular exercise program into your day but too often the reason for skipping an exercise workout is that you just don’t have enough energy to motivate you. Some of us feel as though we have no energy from the time we get up in the morning while others seem to experience a mid-day slump. If all you need to get you up and moving is a boost to your energy level, then here are eight fantastic ways to turn up the momentum.
1. Eat more often. Instead of having three regular meals each day, break your food consumption down to six smaller meals. Your loss of energy may be due to drops in blood sugar in between meals. Eating more often will stabilize your glucose levels and give your energy levels a boost.
2. Take up meditation or yoga or any other method of relaxation. Stress and depression can be at the root of a lagging energy drive. Take a few minutes to meditate before a big meeting or do thirty minutes of yoga every evening in order to wind down. Getting rid of anxiety can keep stressful situations from zapping your energy.
3. Make some necessary lifestyle changes. Drinking alcohol and using tobacco are both habits that will deplete your body of nutrients and drain your energy. Alcohol can also cause dehydration which is one of the worst energy drainers of all and it can prevent you from getting the deep sleep you need to wake up feeling energetic.
4. Get a thyroid test. If you are frequently feeling tired even after a restful night’s sleep, you may have hypothyroidism. A simple blood test can determine this for sure. Women are more likely to have underactive thyroid problems than men, especially those who have just given birth or are nearing menopause.
5. Add more whole grains to your diet in place of sugar. This is another way to balance your glucose levels instead of having energy highs and lows as your sugar goes up and then drops as insulin is released in response. Skip the fruit pastries for breakfast and choose a whole grain muffin instead. Choose whole wheat for your sandwiches instead of white bread or buns and you will also add more fiber to your diet which most of us don’t get enough of.
6. Take a walk or take a nap. Sometimes the activity of taking a midday walk is all it takes to wake up your body and actually increase your energy. For some people, a power nap in the middle of a day is the best way to feel refreshed and improve their energy level. Whichever one works best for you, take anywhere from ten to thirty minutes to make a significant difference for you.
7. Eat a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables every day. Different types of produce contain different vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function and to produce energy. Choose different colors of vegetables to get a little of everything.
8. Allow more time for sleep. Many people believe that they are just fine with six hours of sleep but they really need to sleep another hour or longer to get the amount of rest they need to function at their maximum potential. Just because you are in the habit of sleeping from 11p.m. to 5a.m. doesn’t mean that is all the rest your body needs.
There are many natural, healthy ways to increase your energy including those listed here. Try these instead of turning to high caffeinated beverages and energy drinks to give you a boost that will only let you down in the end!
If you are looking for more information on ways to increase energy and live a more successful and fulfilling life, check out Amazing Self.
This article is brought to you courtesy of Amazing Self, a personal development system that offers powerful personal breakthroughs in creating and living your dream life.
Amazing Self isn’t one person’s opinion of what truly signifies greatness. In fact, it goes far beyond any self-improvement system you have ever seen before. Amazing Self has formed a team of renaissance people who are committed to your personal success, and harnessed their thoughts and minds for the recipe to life-changing excellence in each of the 4 main areas of personal development: health/weight loss, making money, relationships, and mindset.
Start your Amazing Self journey today.