Confidence is a very broad and general term. We would all enjoy being confident, and having more confidence throughout our lives in general, but when we make this choice in our lives, it is important to define the means of confidence that we want in life. Without implementing the use of a defined goal, it is very likely that our full potential when it comes to determining your level of confidence. We all have the dream of confidence, but the only way that it will become a reality is for us to make goals and do what it takes to achieve those goals. Here, we will evaluate how you can go about determining your level of confidence.
In order to go about the process of determining your level of confidence, it is first important to ask yourself a few questions. These questions will help you determine what “confidence” means to you. Does it mean holding a certain position at work? Does it mean accomplishing a certain financial goal? Does it mean remaining positive at all times? You really have to know what confidence means to you before you can determine your level of confidence and how to achieve confidence. Let’s move on to the questions:
1. Are you the type of person that requires a lot of direction when it comes to making important decisions in your life?
2. Is it important to you to have a “support system” in place that consists of several individuals in order to make you feel more secure?
3. Are you active in meetings, or do you simply sit and listen?
4. Do you have a fear of public speaking?
5. Do you get nervous and/or anxious when it comes to meeting new people?
6. Do you have a difficult time saying “no” to your superiors, or people in general?
7. Do you suffer from approval addiction?
8. Are risks just too “risky” to even consider?
9. Are you comfortable with your appearance?
10. Do you enjoy being in the midst of many different people?
Answering these questions will actually put in perspective what level of confidence that you have. It should assist you in determining your strengths, as well as your weaknesses. It is essential that you understand what points in your personality and thoughts that you must change in order to set the appropriate goals that will allow you to increase your confidence levels.
When it comes to increasing confidence, there are a few things that I consider to be “essentials” when it comes to your overall success. Listed below are some of these essentials:
1. First, you must sway your thinking from a negative viewpoint to a positive viewpoint. One of the most effective strategies that I feel is productive in this area is to believe that you are on a mission. No one was placed here by accident. Each and every single individual on Earth has a purpose or a “mission in life. All those “negative” things that happen and frustrate us…those are lessons! That’s right! The mistakes, the failures, the “bad luck” all of these things are put in place to assist you in the way of learning to be your very best as you journey through life!
2. You must love people! This is a simple fact – if you love people, people will love you! Take an active interest in people, find out who they are, find out what excites them in life, take some of their passion and apply it to your life! If you are able to do this, you will have an extremely high level of confidence!
3. In order to be confident, you have to love yourself! This is not conceit; this is love in the way of value!
If you do the things listed here, you will be able to easily determine your level of confidence!