Although aromatherapy might seem easy to do, it is not always safe especially if you don’t have enough knowledge and experience. If you are new to aromatherapy and you want to ensure your safety as well of your properties and your family, here are some aromatherapy do’s and don’ts that you always have to bear in mind.
If you follow these pieces of advice from aromatherapy experts, you can ensure that you will get the results that you want:
1. Do read a lot of references on aromatherapy. This is very important because it will give you the most basic information that you need in order to be successful. Ideal references for aromatherapy include aromatherapy books, magazines, and pamphlets. You can also get valuable pieces of information by visiting various websites that talk about aromatherapy. If you have plenty of time, you may want to enroll in an aromatherapy class, which can either be online or in a traditional classroom set up.
2. Do careful selection when buying essential oils and other aromatherapy accessories. Since essential oils are the primary medium used in aromatherapy, make sure that you are getting the best option possible. Make sure that you are getting the “purest ones” because they are more effective compared to those that are mixed with other oils. To ensure that you are getting quality essential oils and other aromatherapy accessories or products, buy them only from reputable makers and stores. When shopping online, make sure that you know what you are buying to avoid purchasing fake ones. It is also ideal to read comments and testimonials about the product before finally buying it.
3. Do proper storage for your essential oils. To maintain their efficacy, essential oils should be stored in dark glasses preferably amber and cobalt blue colored ones and should be placed in cool and dark storage areas. Today, a majority of aromatherapy stores are offering wooden boxes with hinges as well as holders that are made of wood that is ideal for storing essential oils.
1. Don’t purchase essential oils that are contained in rubber glass that have dropper tops. Because of the high concentration of essential oils, rubber can ruin the efficacy of the oil.
2. Don’t buy essential oils from people you don’t know. The purity of essential oils are important to achieve their benefits, if you buy them from people, say street vendors or merchants at various trade fairs, chances are you aren’t getting high quality ones.
3. Don’t confuse “perfume oils” with “essential oils.” Knowing that you are using the right medium is very crucial in buying essential oils for aromatherapy because this will ensure of the therapeutic benefits that you are supposed to get. The best thing to consider when buying essential oils is checking the label intently. By doing this, you can have the basic information on the product and you can also ensure that you are getting the real thing.